Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hair color process?? I have highlighted blonde hair...I want to go back to light brown. HELP!?

Hi,



I have naturally dark blonde/light brown hair and I've been getting it highlighted forever. I'm ready to be brunette again because it's too stressful on my hair. I know that if I dye it back to my natural color with the box stuff it will fade to a nasty color...but what if I dye it again (with box color) after the initial fade? And again after that fade (allowing 4-6 weeks between). Thanks! I know a pro will put filler in it, but I'm hoping to do it myself because it's cheaper. Has anyone done this?



Hair color process?? I have highlighted blonde hair...I want to go back to light brown. HELP!?

Here is the process to reverse what to do as you've described.



I am a hairdresser %26amp; also kept my hair lightened for past 12 yrs %26amp; does come to the day even hairdressers get tired of coloring their own hair. For you to safely get it back to either your root color at present time,here are the simple rules: Use only a PERMANENT HAIR COLOR, NOT A SEMI PERMANENT COLOR (semi fades in weeks %26amp; after shampooing 5-6 rimes).You need to go with a reverse frost of dark color as close to the root color, if you do have brunette roots growing out, choose a color that matchs-looks as near to the new growth. Do not color it all over as boxed on the shelf color does recommend--but buy a frost cap for hair %26amp; make sure the needle is included-to pull hair thru.



Pattern of frost cap will be dots,maybe in groups of five, maybe lines of dots. Whichever it is, pull a row thru all way across starting in the crown %26amp; skip a line of dots %26amp; go to next line,etc..moving down to nape of neck %26amp; next go to sides,pull thru %26amp; last pull top thru of your hair. Comb out each section as you pull it thru. To get 75% of your hair pull thru the largest amount you can. this reverse is more likely to except the color than expecting the entire head to be restored back to complete brunette colored hair after years of highlighting. Its called reverse frost-we use %26amp; apply color as the process instead of bleach or highlighting color. Your hair shaft is stripped from color highlighting...DO NOT USE A FILLER...it will block out the color you are going to apply. Leave color on according to timing instructions on box,%26amp; I suspect will be 20-30 minutes from my yrs of working w/color.The results will be after its dried is brunette (if thats the color you choose) w/some lighter strands %26amp; will look as if you have a tiny bit of naturally sun highlight that one gets that stays out in sunshine all day (like I do working in the yard).



When timing is up-shampoo hair with cap still on,rinse out as much as possible at beginning then shampoo 2 x's,%26amp; while shampoo is still on cap/hair-pull cap off %26amp; rinse. Next-shampoo again, scrub %26amp; rub until suds are white %26amp; may take 4-5 shampoo's to get that stage-but do not leave permanent hair color in your hair.



When rinse %26amp; suds are white (clean suds-no color present) Clairol has a deep intensive conditioner w/vitamins you'll need that's called "Clairol Herbal Essences Intensive Blends". Wrap hair in towel %26amp; remove most of water-gently, then apply conditioner according to how much hair you have-%26amp; will tell when its right because it'll feel soft and can run your fingers thru it. Leave on hair 10 minutes %26amp; then rinse conditioner out. Wrap in another dry towel for 10-15 minutes %26amp; water is soaked out.Let dry naturally after this color process is applied on top of a previous highlight color- is known as double processed hair. It will likely be drier, but use the conditioner above %26amp; it'll be fine.



When this begins to grow, leave it alone for 2 months growth %26amp; then you should be able to apply brunette color to entire head w/o the frost cap. Get a friend to help if you can't pull it thru alone as you'll need to hold a hand mirror %26amp; watch the lines you need to uniformly pull thru to have an even color. You can do this yourself for $10-12 dollars or a salon will do it under/at $100.



Good Luck



Hair color process?? I have highlighted blonde hair...I want to go back to light brown. HELP!?

Go to a professional, it may cost more, but if they screw up, they fix if for free.



Hair color process?? I have highlighted blonde hair...I want to go back to light brown. HELP!?

This is one project that you really shouldn't attempt yourself, because the results are apt to be pretty awful. Your hair has been chemically altered, and that alteration has to be neutralized before applying another color. Otherwise you're just going to wind up with ugly hair, and it takes a long time to grow out!



Bite the bullet, tell your colorist what you want to do, and then let her work her magic.



Hair color process?? I have highlighted blonde hair...I want to go back to light brown. HELP!?

i color my hair frequently with 'box color'. i actually bought one for $3.99 yesterday and it turned out just fine. i don't find that the color 'fades'. i color my hair to hide gray, so growout in front is my challenge. i would suggest that you choose a product just a little darker than your current color. clairol 'hydrience' is my personal favorite...although it's getting harder to find and costs around $10. good luck.



Hair color process?? I have highlighted blonde hair...I want to go back to light brown. HELP!?

just go to a pro. paying more for good hair is better than doing it cheap and turning out ugly.



Hair color process?? I have highlighted blonde hair...I want to go back to light brown. HELP!?

you should get a solufane(im not sure if thats how its spelled but thats how you say it). it works as a rinse but it alos coats your hair and conditions it. it also makes it stronger. it comes in a range of colors and is really healthy for you hairgo to your local sally's or beauty supply

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++